Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

FOIL

Hello!
Today I am sharing another card I made in card class with Julie Ebersole and then a card I made with the same idea.  Julie's classes are so fun in that you come home with a bunch of beautiful cards and lots of great ideas too!

Here is the card we made in class:

We used a fun washi tape to create a background for our foiled die cut sentiment.  The foil is just beautiful in real life!  A couple of sequins to finish it off - easy peasy CAS and so Julie!

Here is my take on her card:

I didn't have a sentiment die cut that was three words, so I used the same word three times.  I used a wider washi tape in order to fit my sentiment within the defined border, but I think I like the white space the thinner washi provides better.  I also used three different colors of foil, a gold, a red and a silver.  Again, the foil is so pretty but hard to capture for a photography novice like me!

I was having so much fun with the foil on die cuts, I decided to make one more card:

This time I just used a dark background paper and the silver foil on my Hero Arts Thank You die cut.  This font is so pretty, it didn't need much more than the foil to make a big impact.  I also used a 4 bar card size, so the die cut would fill the whole card.  I might go back and add a couple of sequins to this one too, what do you think?

Thanks for stopping in today!
-Laura

2 comments:

  1. yay for foil! Gorgeous!!!
    Glad we're taking this week off from walking...it's tooooooooooooooooooo hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I am loving what you guys are doing with the foil!!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!