Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Star Stencil

Hello!
Today I am sharing a card I made for the challenge over at Live Love Cards, hosted by the ever talented Darlene DeVries.  I have been following her blog for a long time, and she decided to start challenges!!  What fun!!  Her challenge this month is to used stencils on your card.  She of course had an amazing example where she used a circle stencil and made them look 3D!  I tried that same effect with a stencil that looked like a stone pattern, but my attempt was an epic fail!!  But, I really wanted to play along in the challenge, so I came up with this card instead.

It might be hard to tell, but the little stars were added with a stencil and a fingertip sponge dauber.  I had this great patterned paper pad from My Minds Eye, called On the Bright Side.  I used a sheet that had the banner across the top already.  There were two sheets of each pattern, so I cut some of the banners off the second sheet and popped them up on the card.  The happy was die cut with the Memory Box die and inlaid into the card.  The birthday from Paper Smooches was white embossed on a scrap of the navy paper from the pack.  After it was all completed I added the stars from the stencil in coordinating colors of ink.  I used Memento Lady Bug and SU So Saffron.  Even though the stencil was a last minute addition to this card, I hope it still qualifies for the challenge.  If you haven't seen Darlene's work, you should really go check her out at her blog:  Live Love Cards.  She shares a ton of tips and tricks in her videos, you won't be disappointed!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!