Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Maskerade Day 4

Today's card was creating using a technique learned on day 4 of the fun Maskerade online card class.  We learned how to use freezer paper as our mask. 



For my clean and simple card, I die cut the thanks out of freezer paper to use as a mask.  Then I applied three colors of distress ink as watercolor over the top.  Then I pulled off the mask and like magic the word was clean and white!   I will admit this card was my third attempt - the first two didn't turn out so great.  I don't think I applied the heat long enough for the paper to stick securely and the color seeped through.  But I did finally get it to work, and I like the result, so I think I will be trying it again!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Really sweet CAS card! I just might have to give this technique a go one of these days. Glad you stuck with it, because this card is totally worth it. Really really pretty! Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!