Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hero Arts Scramble

Sunday was super fun over at the Hero Arts Flickr group!  We held another scramble, number 105 to be exact.  Don't know what a scramble is?  Well, it is where card makers from all over the world get together at the same time to create a card or project with a certain theme - and the kicker is that you only have 90 minutes to do the whole thing - learn the theme, create your card, photograph it and post it on the Flickr site.  Now you understand why they are called scrambles!!  Well, I was definitely scrambling today!  Janet was our hostess and she had a great theme to use sentiments create a 'word art' on our card.  I wasn't even sure where to start?!?  I thought of using a stencil and stamping words inside it, but that didn't seem quite right.  I thought of using a speech bubble die cut and stamping HELLO repeatedly inside of it.  This worked out okay, but then I didn't know how to finish the card.  That idea led to me what I finally ended up doing.


At one of our last crafty get togethers, my friend Kimberly shared some of these great big balloon die cuts!  They are so fun!  I stamped Happy Birthday in the middle of the balloon in black ink, and then filled around it with 'celebrate' in a rainbow of colors!  It turned out better than I thought it would.  I mounted it with foam tape on a fun patterned paper with tiny stars.  The twine was curled to look like the balloon was floating! 

Thanks for hosting Janet and making me think!!  It was really fun.  Hero Arts scrambles are held every other week on the Flickr group.  Join us next time!

Thanks for stopping by!
-Laura

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun birthday card. Love this 'scrambler' card. Bright and festive, and perfectly celebratory! Great job in less than 90 minutes. Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!