Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Merry Monday & NBUS

Hello!
I have a fun Christmas Card to share with you that I created for the Merry Monday Challenge.  And since it uses a stamp I bought last Christmas, it falls under the NBUS category and I will link it up to Darnell's challenge too.





Merry Monday's challenge was to use a present on your card.  I used the Memory Box Presents of Joy stamp and then watercolored in my gifts with distress inks Fired Brick & Worn Lipstick and Mowed Lawn & Peeled Paint.  I added the polka dots on the green gift with some white pigment ink after the watercoloring had dried. For a little interest, I added some splatter in both red and green.  Then I popped up the panel on a green card base.   

Thanks for looking!  Are you glad the kids are back in school?  I am a little sad to see summer end, as we had such a great summer this year.  But it nice to get back into a routine again!
-Laura

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

11 comments:

  1. I love these watercolored gifts! So pretty! And I love all that textured white space! Thanks, Laura, for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a artistic and organic Christmas card, Laura! I love watercoloring and you really did a spectacular job with your presents. The splatters are the perfect punctuation. I think knowing when to splatter and when not to splatter is a gift. Oh, ha, ha, a gift, get it!

    I'm so happy to hear you had a great summer! It sure went by fast! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card Laura, I love your watercolouring and the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image and you've created such a beautiful card! The splatters are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful CAS presents card, love the splatter ---so cool!!! Awesome and perfect for Merry Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, this is awesome. Love the coloring of the gifts and the splatter! Is it warm enough for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I like that stamp and the splatters. I have a hard time with splatters, but I keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty Christmas card, Laura! I love how the sentiment extends to the ribbon on the presents and your water coloring is fabulous! Loving the splatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Great job with the splatters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!