Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

OCC day 2

Hello!
It is day 2 over at Online Card Classes.  Today's technique was die cutting. There were some great ideas, and I really wanted to try all of the cards shown. But I decided I needed new cutting plates in order to do Debby's card justice, and I couldn't come up with a good die that included some details in order to do Shari's card. So that left Kristina's card.  And it was probably the easiest of them all, so really it worked out just fine!



I started by die cutting the stitched slopes border from Lawn Fawn twice on my card panel. Then I masked off the area outside of the sentiment. Using worn lipstick and barn door distress ink along with Rose Red from SU, I blended the inks in an ombré pattern. Finally I stamped my sentiment, also from SU. I debated about coloring in the letters, but was too afraid I would mess it up after I had worked so hard on the ink blending!  Anyone else ever felt that way or is it just me?  A couple of clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished it off.
I was really happy with the way it turned out, and glad to have another Valentine card to add to my stash!

Thanks for stopping by!
-Laura

6 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty!
    You should deffinitely join the Inkspirational Challenges with your card. The theme is "Ombre": http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.dk/2015/01/challenge-74-designers-choice-ombre.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, so fun to see you in the OCC galery! This card fits perfect! I love that wave die and the lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Laura, love your take on the lesson. This is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really love this...awesome technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...love the colors and your design....loving class, but still have not made any cards...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of people seem to have been inspired by Kristina's card, I'm here from the OCC too and I love your card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!